2011-01-27

Art Project

I've started working on my Art Project. I won't say what it is just yet, except to state what would probably be obvious to anyone who knows me even a little, that it has to do with gender. Also, it is mainly papier mache. I haven't played with papier mache since I was in preschool I think, so it was a lot of fun tonight to tear newspaper into strips and dip them in the paste. It's going to require several layers so I'm going to have to work on it a little at a time, which is why I'm starting now.

I really hope my concept comes through the piece... Halperin indicated that he doesn't know how to grade an interpretive dance or musical piece, so everyone must basically do a visual art project. I don't see how he can "grade" anything that's technically "art." It's this kind of insecurity that throws me off.

No comments:

Post a Comment