2011-01-21

Intro

Now that I'm starting to feel a little happier with the way it's arranged I just wanted to take a minute to do a quick introduction for this blog.

I am a fourth year Anthropology major working on a minor in Human Rights as well as Gender Studies. This semester I'll be going through no less than three Human Rights courses including the foundational introductory course, which is promising to be the most intense. In order to help me keep track of all my obligations for this course I've set up this blog. Because HR is a subject that focuses on action and, at it's most basic level, raising awareness, I've decided to make this process public.

What you can expect to see will be mainly the posts that keep track of the news articles I'm supposed to read several times a week - the original concept behind keeping this journal is that I'm supposed to turn in a hardcopy of a "journal" containing all of the articles I've read throughout the semester.

Posts containing lists of terms and definitions or notes will appear often. My professor relies heavily on the "podium banging" method of driving a point home - whenever he repeats a word, or stamps his foot or bangs his fist while saying it, you can be sure it's important and it needs to be written down and Googled later - so he says himself. So that's what you'll see here too.

You can also expect to find posts which essentially contain my notes; as I take notes in class, they are pretty messy, as I review them in the evening they come together. The notes do not present the exact lecture of the day but should contain the key points.

Later on there will be the occasional post relating my experience during a 30 hour service project.

Lastly you should expect to see a number of reflective posts; me writing down my thoughts and feelings about the subject matter, as I process and relate to everything we'll be learning.

And who knows what else might end up finding its way into the daily posts.

That's another thing; if I do this right, this blog should update every day of the week, sometimes several times a day.

To the left of the post column should be a list of Human Rights related links that should be used on a regular basis. To the left is the archive where you can find posts according to date, and you can also track posts according to their tags; the above listed categories should all have similar tags, so if you want to keep up with the relevent ID's you should be able to quickly click a single tag to see all the same posts, while clicking on the newsjournal tag should take you to all the articles I've been reading.

I apologize if the header or background still appear somewhat blurry; I'm still working that out. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment